If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (641) 424-3382

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Cigarette butt

This fire in Mason City, IA started with a cigarette butt that was thrown into a Folgers can outside of the apartment.  A gust of wind tipped the can over and the cigarette wasn't put out before being put in there.  As a result it caught the wooden staircase on fire leading to the upstairs apartment. 

Fire department arrived very quickly which was great since there were still pets and a person up stairs. The Mason City fire department were able to rescue all. 

SERVPRO of Mason City was contacted by the home owner to come in and see what all was affected. Once the home owner agreed on what was needed to be done, we loaded up with supplies to begin the clean up process.