The Rising Temps
With the temps rising after the cold spell, beware that your pipes might burst after they warm up. This is the time of the year where we at SERVPRO of Mason City see a lot of pipes burst.
The way to prevent the pipe from bursting is quite simple. during the really cold spells leave your water faucet drip slowly. This keeps the water flowing through the pipes and keeps it from freezing.
We have received a lot of calls dealing with frozen pipes. Another thing that frozen pipes could cause is a sewage back up. With a sewage back up please get ahold of us right away. There is a lot of harmful things that come with sewage. SERVPRO of Mason City techs have been specially trained in how to deal with a sewage.
Hope the new year brings everyone a very successful year. Thanks for visiting the SERVPRO of Mason City Web page.
Giving Back to the Community
SERVPRO of Mason City has been working with the Girl Scouts of Northern Iowa for the last few years to help them be able to sort their big orders. SERVPRO of Mason City opens its doors up to our location so they can sort the orders with enough space and stay where it is warm. SERVPRO of Mason City does this twice a year for them.
SERVPRO of Mason City and our employees are very active with in the community. Our employees volunteer everything from lending a hand with carrying groceries to serving our country.
With the upcoming new year we plan on opening our doors to the public so people know what we offer and they can meet us without having an unfortunate event happen.
We hope to meet new people and answer all your questions if you have any..
The New Year
With the new year right around the corner SERVPRO of Mason City wanted to wish everyone a very wonderful and prosperous New Year. With the New Year means new beginnings. SERVPRO of Mason City will also be beginning a new chapter.
SERVPRO of Mason City will be breaking ground this spring to add a new building at our home office. With teethe growing of our company we also look forward to growing our family.
SERVPRO of Mason City prides itself on developing the company and employees. We pride ourselves with being professional and completing the job in a timely manner. SERVPRO of Mason City likes to grow our employees not only professionally but personally. Our owner Keith sits down with all of our employees once a month and sets personal goals and helps them achieve their goals.
Once again SERVPRO of Mason City wants to wish you a Happy New Years and safe travels.
Tips and info about Mold
We here at SERVPRO of Mason City would like to talk to about Mold and the places we usually find it.
- Mold like to form where there is a lot of moisture and places with high humidity like the basement of your house, attics, crawl spaces and interior places that don't have a lot of ventilation or lack of air movement. Enclosed utility rooms are one of the of the places most people forget to look at.
- If you see mold and clean it with bleach, the odds are that it will return from where you cleaned up the mold. There are specially made products that take care and help prevent mold from forming again.
- Few things we recommend and what people to know. If you have a water leak somewhere in your house to contact us immediately.
- If mold is not properly taken care of it could cause health issues for your family, yourself and your beloved pets.
SERVPRO of Mason City want to wish you and your family Happy Holidays and may your time with your families be wonderful.
Little bit about ourselves.
We here at SERVPRO of Mason City wanted to take a minute to let you know a little bit about ourselves.
- SERVPRO of Mason City is proud to support our troops by employing both active and Veteran Service members.
- Our Office Manager Angelica Brager is currently Deployed. Our General Manager Kully Olson is an Active Member of the Army Reserves. Our Chief Construction Manager Tom Teggatz is a retired Army Veteran. Our Job File Coordinator Cyle Spieker is an Army Veteran. One of our Production Techs Mike Groh is a Navy Veteran.
- SERVPRO of Mason City is very proud to have these wonderful people as we are proud of all of our wonderful employees. They all have a quality that we look for in a person, and that is the passion to help others.
The Dropping Temperatures
- Keep your house warm, and allow the warm air to circulate as much as possible. Seal drafts and keep interior doors open. If you’re going to be gone for an extended period, don’t turn off the heat. Keep it set to at least 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Open cabinet doors under kitchen and bathroom sinks to allow heat to reach the pipes. Be sure to move cleaners and other chemicals out of reach of children and pets.
- Open indoor faucets, hot and cold, to allow a trickle of water. Flowing water is less likely to freeze. Do this to at least one faucet on every floor if you can. Another tip would be to have someone check your property throughout the period your gone too.
- Here at SERVPRO of Mason City, we would like to give you a few tips to help you with the preventative checks to avoid a potential fire.
- You want to check your electric heaters for ware on the cord, fraying of the cord, ensure its working properly and keep it clear of objects that could catch on fire.
- You want to check your furnace filter. Ensure that it is clear of debris and being to dirty. With the filter being full of dirt and debris, it will not only make your furnace work harder it could potentially start a fire.
- Another thing to be looking for is something blocking the heater vents with in your home. Blocking the vents can not only damage what ever is blocking the vent but it can cause your furnace to work harder, your enegery bill can be higher because of the blockage.
We here at SERVPRO Mason City hope everyone had a joyful and wonderful Holiday. We know not all families live in the same City, Town, State or even Country. We want to remind people if you traveled over the Holidays and came home to an unfortunate event that happened while you where gone, that we are here for you 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
Some of us here at SERVPRO of Mason City have had some misfortune of coming home to some of these events as well. We know how tough it is to deal with that kind of events and we want to help in any way we can.
- All of our Techs are very passionate of helping out in any way we can. That is a quality we look for when we bring an employee on board with us. We here at SERVPRO of Mason City like to think of us as family and you will be treated as though you are family too.